The Association for the Advancement of Alternatives Assessment (A4) is the only professional association solely dedicated to advancing the science, practice, and policy of alternatives assessment and informed substitution. A4 is an interdisciplinary community of researchers, practitioners, and others working collaboratively to accelerate the transition to the use of safer chemicals, materials, processes, and products.
1. Getting in on the ground floor. Shape the field and a new professional association where alternatives assessment is central, not sidelined.
2. Advancing science and practice. Engage in the development and refining of methods and support tools to address critical research gaps hindering the field.
3. Connecting and collaborating. Share research, discuss best practices, exchange ideas, and build novel business and research partnerships with professionals from academia, government, industry, and non-governmental organizations.
4. Honing your skills. Access educational resources that support current and help the development of future practitioners.
5. Making change. Learn how to apply theory to solve chemicals challenges and directly inform decision-making.
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.